Copyright © True Gnostic Church. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions
First Reference: Beginnings 15:53
Now Yasher-Baal commanded that there should be brought before the kings and lords of Sumer, Jandrus, one of the sons of Cain, a man of great stature.
See: Cain, Elon Zanoah, Luzon, Perga, Sumer, Yasher-Baal
Summary: A son of Cain, Jandrus was a large man who served under Yasher-Baal, the king of Sumer. In efforts to squelch a rebellious uprising led by the ‘son of liberty’, Elon Zanoah, Yasher-Baal commissioned Jandrus to dress in the king’s robes and with an army of 10,000 men, lure the troops of Elon Zanoah to the plains of Luzon (B:15:53-57). Believing it was Yasher-Baal commanding the 10,000 men, Elon Zanoah confidently engaged the hosts of Jandrus in battle, believing he could defeat them with his larger army. However, Yasher-Baal was waiting with two massive armies, and Elon Zanoah and his men were destroyed (B:16:32-40).
Azrael’s Commentary — Busiris, of the house of Avaak
Chief judge of Sumer. A man of cunning, cruelty and deceit, Busiris was a sycophant who would do anything to gain the favor of Yasher-Baal in order to fulfill his own sense of self-importance. He was murdered by Jandrus over the succession of the throne (Beginnings 19:78-79).
53. Now Yasher-Baal commanded that there should be brought before the kings and lords of Sumer, Jandrus, one of the sons of Cain, a man of great stature.
54. And he caused Jandrus to be dressed in the robes of Yasher-Baal, and he placed under him all the sons of Cain, even ten thousand.
55. Thus did the lord and king of Sumer conspire to trap Elon Zanoah, that he might destroy him.
56. For he commanded that Jandrus should take all the sons of Cain and march towards the regions round about Perga, laying waste all the dwellings and inhabitants thereof.
57. For Yasher-Baal desired that Elon take notice of the ten thousand, and believing as he might that Yasher-Baal himself commanded, he might follow hard after him.