Copyright © 2008-2016 True Gnostic Church (a non-prophet organization). All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions
Copyright © True Gnostic Church. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions
For you are not children to be compelled, but rather, you are the sons and daughters of God full grown, in bodies of flesh and bone.
~ 2nd Endowment 5:65
[You] are the literal spiritual offspring of God, and have the capacity to become just like your Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother if you so choose.
~ Basic Beliefs #8
For you, my children, are the seed of some eternal dream cast down upon the earth; being filled within yourself by some endless wonder and deeper mystery which even you cannot see; having leaped forth from the soul of God’s desiring in a sea of endless light;
Containing deep within the heart and mind of you, still that greater glory which would spring out from the midst of all your longings; embracing through all your loving passions the songs of life and joy forever.
~ 2nd Endowment 7:43-44
For you are more than you suppose or even in your dreams perceived...
~ 7th Endowment 2:41
For in the beauty of both the man and the woman is God likewise formed, for this mystery I make known in your hearing, that you are likewise two seeds cast down unto the earth, that by your living you might give rise to still some nobler form, even Lords many and Gods many.
Thus in the man and in the woman is there together found the seedling of God’s beginning, for have you not heard among yourselves already, how that God was once a man, even as you?
~ Wisdom 9:34-35
Yet are you the children of God, being the sons and daughters of Heaven’s glory revealed in the flesh of mortal men and women, being made in each of you the master of your fate and the captain of your soul.
If then you would have that strength which is beyond the strength of flesh and bone, then be you wise and look within your own selves; for there within the chambers of your secret heart is the true and only self, being fashioned of spirit and soul together, having as its author the very God of Heaven.
~ 4th Endowment 24:39-40
For Heaven is your truer home and the angels are your brethren, and in a place beyond your dreams you walked beside your God; thus are you first and foremost a citizen of Heaven, being in your present state a sojourner from afar, walking through a native land in which you are a stranger.
~ 7th Endowment 6:18
For you are the children of God, having in yourselves the power to make of your life the things you will, being made within yourself both the creator or the destroyer of good and happy things.
~ 4th Endowment 19:45
Come my child and give your heart and I shall give you counsel, for the value of your life is what you give it; for you were born a child of God and in you the power lies, being itself revealed through faith; to be in you a mighty force which would make of you a master, a master of your life.
~ 7th Endowment 4:30
You are the treasure hid in the earth, you are the pearl beyond price or measure, for I tell you truly, that the kingdom of Heaven is within you and you are unable to perceive it.
~ Yeshua 9:32
For what pearl, if it be fallen in the mire, will lose its value? And again, what pearl, though it be anointed with precious oil, shall be made of greater worth?
Behold, I tell you truly, that the pearl is of itself costly above many treasures.
So it is with the children of men wherever you should find them, even they are become as precious pearls in the hand of your Heavenly Father.
~ Yeshua 29:55-57
58. Whosoever has ears to hear let them hear. For it was spoken by Yeshua this saying: ‘Behold, the kingdom of Heaven is within you.’
59. Why, therefore, have you gone seeking beyond yourselves, ever hoping that perchance you might find God? Did you not know that you, even every one of you, whether male or female, are a part of God and that God is a part of you.
60. Hear now and understand deeply: For if you would know yourself truly, then shall the Father know you also; that having secured to your soul that portion of God within, you might become the sons and daughters of great glory.
61. But if it so be that you will not know yourself, then shall you dwell in poverty, having taken to yourself no knowledge of heavenly things.
62. If, therefore, you would know the mysteries of God, then seek first the mystery within; for therein shall you find an abundance of goodly things. For the kingdom of Heaven is made to dwell in every man and every woman.
63. Know yourself and therein shall you be richly blessed. Seek without ceasing and then shall you surely find hidden treasures in abundance; for whosoever finds shall be filled with a multitude of wonder, for there shall unfold before them a sure knowledge of God.
~ Wisdom 12:58-63
For this I would have you know most surely, that there is a spirit deep in the midst of you; being in every hand and foot and eye; moving and unmoved, pushing here and touching there; seeking by most subtle means to reveal itself without.
For you are not the body which is seen, but rather the spirit which is unseen within you; for the flesh of the body is made the veil which covers the spirit of your truer self; which spirit does stir and move most constantly within you;
Seeking through the passions of your flesh to reveal itself again and again; being ever hopeful that you might be awakened to that light which burns most brightly within you.
For the spirit which breathes most subtly within has had elsewhere its beginning; having come from above, it does seek to touch again the light that comes from afar;
~ 2nd Endowment 5:18-21
For of your life would I reveal a mystery and a wonder, for you are the power of God upon the earth, if it so be that you should elect yourselves to do much good; becoming yourselves the imitators of heavenly things, being yourselves established in the depths of the Father and the Mother from which you come.
Being yourselves not fearful in following after the God which loves you, neither are you constrained in reaching higher still to seize the greater portion; having set free your mind from the delusions of this life, being eager with happy hearts to endure all things, bear all things, hope all things.
~ 4th Endowment 22:44-45
For there is made to dwell within you the spirit which comes from God; that you, being both body and spirit together, might stand as one before the mirror of your mind; being made most complete in all things spiritual and physical;
Containing in your visible form, the invisible which comes from above; causing to stir and blend within you the mysteries which wait the awakening of both body and spirit together.
~ 2nd Endowment 6:4-5
For you are the house which God has built, both body and spirit; being fashioned most constantly of love and desire, being filled to overflowing with endless dreams and countless yearnings; having for your sky, a wealth of endless possibilities.
~ 2nd Endowment 6:12
For you are the reflection of God in mortal life, having in your form and likeness the presence of the Father and the Mother together, ever building through all your faith that sure and happy knowledge which does yet speak; revealing in you the touch and sound of still some greater mystery filled with wonder.
For God is first revealed in the things you do, and if you should act with good and kindly deeds, to touch the children of God through words of faith and hope together, then is the nearness of God quick revealed in you already.
~ 4th Endowment 18:11-12
For men are that they might have joy and nothing less beside, being themselves made filled with dreams and dressed with hopeful yearnings, reaching forth with hungry hearts to touch the soul of God, and in the touching but fair embrace the sum of who they are.
For the natural man is filled with wonder and made rich as well, being fashioned both male and female in the likeness of their God, having in themselves a depth and height which dreams alone can fathom, possessing within the boundaries of their flesh that which is boundless and immeasurable, filled with glory.
~ 4th Endowment 6:4-5
Thus are you confused and oft deceived concerning the identity of the self, thinking yourselves the children of God, yet seeing only the mortal flesh in which you dwell as the only true self, giving rise within yourselves the foundations of a great illusion.
Causing that you should be torn between the spiritual and the physical, the immortal and the mortal, the divine and the common; having within your heart the image of heavenly things, but before the eyes the world of flesh only.
Ponder in your mind, therefore, the illusion of the self; for you are not the image which others see, being yourselves far greater than the outward likeness; having within your flesh a height and breadth and depth far beyond the image which others see.
Which spirit would seek most earnestly to be revealed through the flesh which others see, to make known before their eyes the light of heavenly things; not out of boastful pride and vain deceits filled with pretenses, but out of joy instead.
~ 4th Endowment 29:35-38
Why, therefore, will you become as a stranger to yourself, not knowing truly the thing you are? Why will you seek beyond yourself, hoping to find yourself in the eyes of others?
For you are made a part of God, even every one of you, whether male or female, and even God the Father and the Mother are made a part of you, becoming as one in the flesh which others see; yet being first and last both spirit and soul together fashioned and gently placed in the flesh of mortal life.
Let this then be first and foremost within you, that you are the sons and daughters of God, becoming yourselves through righteousness as one eternal and everlasting, bearing in your truer self the seeds of endless life, becoming to those which see as one ineffable and filled with joyous wonder.
Be not deceived by the illusion of identity, but know yourself most fully; for it is the thing you know which comes alive before the eyes, and if you know only the flesh of the body, then are you become as someone thin and filled with troubles; becoming yourself as one deceived by fleeting shadows, being yourself without substance and filled with many fears.
~ 4th Endowment 29:49-52
Know then the spirit within you and of that spirit be, for it is permitted that you, alone, should draw the portrait of your truer self, being fashioned by your own hands into the man or woman which you would be, bearing in your likeness and image the similitude of things eternal and divine.
Being yourself far greater than the body which others see, having within your depths a treasury filled with many wonders; and if you should so elect, to be yourself as spirit above all other things, then shall the richness of your truer self flow out into the world in a never ending stream.
~ 4th Endowment 29:56-57
48. For in man is there found that constant pilgrim who travels forever onward between light and shadows; seeking and gathering to his soul portions great and small; reaching forth midst all his dreaming to find at last that higher place where even the Gods, alone, might dwell.
49. Consider, then, the ways of man, and be not troubled any longer because of them….
51. For it is in the nature of man to remove such boundaries and limitations as would impose themselves upon him.
52. For if a river should flood, to make ruin the fruits of all his labor, then will the man seek some means whereby he might dam it, permitting that he might control the waters which flood upon the land, to save himself from sorrow.
53. And if there should rise up before the man some mountain which would impede, then will the man move the mount from out of his way whereby he might build highways upon the earth, permitting that even all other men might move about unhindered.
54. And if it so be that a man should dream that he should fly, while nature dictate that he be bound to the earth even as the beasts of the field, then will man contrive such means as will enable him to fly most surely, even to the vary stars.
55. Thus has man sought most earnestly to remove such limitations as would hold him bound forever; for there is found in man that certain portion which has had elsewhere some far more noble birth; even the spirit within, which did leap forth from the very love of both the Father and the Mother in Heaven.
56. For man is the dreamer which would see through the darkness clearly plain; touching in his soul those hidden things which would compel that he create what is uncreated, fashioning from the dreams within, such things as would draw him closer still to God;
57. Breathing into such timely visions, the breath of his own life; causing that the fruits of all his dreams should take living form, to walk upon the earth, touching through the affairs of men, the hidden soul within.
~ 2nd Endowment 10:48-49, 51-57
Come, righteous! Look round about you, and behold the eternal family of God. Behold the Father and Mother of your spirit and know that even as they are, might you also become if you will but follow diligently in the way of holiness.
~ Wisdom 24:37